Save Your Tooth with Porcelain Crown
Beverly Hills Porcelain Crown
What are Porcelain Crowns?
One of the best ways to get a new smile is to get a dental crown for your damaged teeth. These caps for your teeth can turn any tooth into a beautiful one and it is sure to enhance your smile. A porcelain crown is the best kind because it looks just like your natural teeth. People in Beverly Hills and Los Angeles can take advantage of dental crowns and get great-looking smiles.
A porcelain crown is a replacement for the visible part of a tooth. They are made of different materials, including ceramic (porcelain), or zirconia. Many of them are so close to looking like a real tooth that it will be hard to tell them apart. Click here to learn more how long dental crowns last.
Cost of Dental Crowns Beverly Hills?
The cost of dental crowns in Beverly Hills depend on several factors. You can expect that getting a porcelain crown at Smile Angels won't be costly. Some types of dental crowns are pricier than others. A zirconium dental crown will cost more than other types because of its durability and beautiful luster. The cost of dental crown in Los Angeles will be in the following range of prices:
- Zirconium crown – about $900 to $1,600 per crown.
- Emax crown – about $1,200 to $1,800 per crown.
No obligation initial dental consultation (310) 201-9001
Who Is a Candidate?
There are many people in Beverly Hills that can take advantage of the many purposes of a dental crown. They have many different uses that include:
- Improving the look of a stained or misshapen tooth
- Repairing a tooth that is cracked
- Support for a dental bridge
- Strengthen a weak tooth
- Regain function of a tooth with a root canal
- Topping a dental implant to replace a missing tooth
- Increase the size of a worn or small tooth
- Restore a tooth with too large a cavity for a filling.
Some teeth may be so badly damaged that it cannot be salvaged. Even a dental crown may not help. This is the case when a crack in a tooth is too large or deep. It may also occur if there is too much decay in the existing tooth that there will not be enough material left to support a porcelain crown. Sometimes, if a tooth has been knocked completely out, it is not successfully replaced.
When a tooth cannot be saved, you will have several options to replace it. The best and most stable option is to get a dental implant. This procedure can often be completed in one appointment – but not always. After the implant is installed, an abutment is placed on top and then that is used to support the new dental crown.
What Is the Procedure?
When you need a porcelain dental crown in Los Angeles, several steps will be used in the process. The dentist will start by removing some of the enamel from the tooth. It will be shaped and tapered for the crown, which will fit over it.
The next step involves getting a mold or impression of the shaped tooth. This will likely be done using a digital scanner, although a physical mold may be made instead. If a physical mold is made, it will be sent to a lab to make the dental crown.
A digital scan enables the dentist to transmit the information to a lab immediately. If the dentist has a milling machine in the office, the data (CAD/CAM) from the scan will be prepared (CAD/CAM) and sent to the milling machine. This enables the dentist to make and complete the dental crown in one appointment.
If the dentist does not have a milling machine, the digital information will be sent to a lab to be made. In the meantime, you will be given a temporary crown. The permanent one will be ready in two or three weeks. When it arrives, the dentist will remove the temporary crown, fit the permanent one and cement it in place when ready. Then it will be polished, giving you a beautiful new tooth. Click here for our Step-By-Step Guide To Dental Crown procedure.
What Materials Are Used for Dental Crowns?
Before the dentist will install a dental crown, you will be given a choice about the type of crown you want. There are several different materials that crowns are made from, and you will choose the type you want. The various materials are made differently, with some being made in a dental lab and some can be made in the dentist's office.
Gold and other precious metals are often used to make dental crowns. This type of crown is highly durable and it will not fracture. It may be the best type because they are also gentle on opposing teeth. A problem with this kind of crown is that they are also highly visible.
When you want a natural-looking dental crown that will match the color of your other teeth, a porcelain crown is best. This type of crown comes in four different varieties and each one has different benefits.
- Pressed ceramic– This type of porcelain crown has an outer layer made of ceramic. The base and interior of the crown is often made of zirconium, which is very strong.
- Solid Zirconia– A dental crown made of solid zirconia is uniformly white. It is not translucent but it is very strong – basically unbreakable. It is an excellent material for the back teeth where they will be exposed to a lot of pressure. They are made with a milling machine in the dentist's office. It can even be used in patients who grind their teeth.
- Translucent zirconia– This material is highly translucent and will look like a natural tooth. It reflects the color of the teeth next to it. It is quite strong but does not have the strength of solid zirconia.
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal– This type of crown is probably the strongest porcelain crown available. The metal base strengthens the porcelain. A potential problem with this type of dental crown is that if your gums recede, the color of the metal base will be seen as a dark line just above your gums. (Because of this potential problem, our dental office does not provide this type of porcelain crown.)
Composite resins crowns are made of the same materials as a dental filling (plastic and glass beads). It is the least expensive type of dental crown, but it is not as durable as other types. It may be expected to last from five to seven years. They are often used as a temporary crown.
What Are E-MAX Crowns?
One popular option in Beverly Hills for getting a crown quickly is called an Emax crown. This is a new type of porcelain crown that is made of unique materials including quartz, lithium dioxide, alumina, and more. It is strong and produces excellent esthetics. Because of its excellent appearance, it is the ideal material for front teeth, but it is also strong enough to be used for back teeth.
An Emax dental crown is made on a milling machine in the dentist's office. A single block of lithium disilicate (ceramic) is used to make the crown, which will also match the color of your other teeth.
What Is Multilayer Zirconia?
Another excellent type of crown is one made of multi-layered zirconia. This type is very strong and can be used in back teeth. It is considered to be third-generation zirconia. With other types of monolithic zirconia dental crowns, a stain was added which would produce the final color. With aggressive tooth brushing, this stain could be removed and the crown would no longer match the color of your teeth. The multi-layer zirconia crown has the color built into the layers of the tooth, and the color cannot be lost.
If you live in Beverly Hills or Los Angeles and need better-looking teeth, the friendly dentists at Smile Angels can provide you with the dental crowns you need. It will only take one phone call to set up a consultation and help you get started toward a great smile.
GET IN TOUCH...
Schedule your dental consultation today!