With the many different types of toothpastes on the market today, choosing the best toothpaste to suit all your dental needs can be a challenge. Because dental needs vary from one person to the other, the toothpaste that can fit your needs will depend mostly on the condition of your teeth and whether the product you choose has the capability of producing the expected results for all your oral healthcare needs. Although different toothpaste products on the shelf might seem similar, your Los Angeles dentist can assist you to determine the best one for you.
How to Select Your Toothpaste
No matter which brand you select, always ensure that you choose a product that has the American Dental Association (ADA) stamp of approval.
- Anti-gingivitis: If your gums are suffering from bleeding and redness, most likely you are suffering from a mild gum disease that is commonly referred to as gingivitis. Purchasing anti-gingivitis toothpaste will reduce the bacteria in your mouth, and eventually stop this gum condition.
- Anti-cavity: Almost all toothpaste products in the market contain fluoride which is an important ingredient in toothpaste to prevent tooth decay. Fluoride also hardens the enamel.
- Desensitizing: You most likely have felt a sharp pain on your teeth after sipping a cold or hot beverage. When you purchase a desensitizing type of toothpaste you will get instant relief because it reduces the pain by blocking the pain signals sent by the nerves.
- Whitening: This type of toothpaste contains chemicals or polishing agents that are able to remove stains. This toothpaste can also maintain the original color of your teeth.
- Tartar-control: It helps to stop the buildup of hardened plaque also called tartar. Although this type of product can help slowdown new buildup of plaque on your teeth, the best option is to visit a Santa Monica dentist to clean your teeth and remove the tartar and all the bacteria it harbors.
Contact your Best Dentist
With several factors to consider, the responsibility of choosing the right toothpaste for you and your loved ones can be an overwhelming task. To avoid stressing over the expansive range of toothpaste products or if you are unsure about the right toothpaste, schedule for a free dental consultation with your best dentist, Bruce Vafa, DDS in Beverly hills today.