You may have heard dental veneers referred to as dental porcelain laminates or porcelain veneers. Your dental veneers are extremely thin, customized shells created for improving the appearance of your teeth. Smile Angels of Beverly Hills can even match the color of the porcelain veneers with your natural teeth. The entire surface of your tooth will be covered with the materials.
A Los Angeles best veneers dentist will bind the shells to the front of your teeth. You can significantly improve your smile by changing the shape, size, length or color of your teeth. The cost of veneers in Los Angeles is partially dependent on whether your veneers are made out of a resin composite or porcelain. Porcelain will most likely be recommended for two reasons.
First, your teeth will be able to resist stains more easily with porcelain veneers. Secondly, the properties of your natural teeth are reflected much better with porcelain. During your veneers consultation, your dentist will explain which material is best suited for your needs. Experience is important to ensure you receive the best veneers for your individual needs.
Bruce Vafa DDS. recommends veneers to repair numerous different issues.
Most common reasons to consider veneers
- Your teeth have become worn down.
- You have broken or chipped teeth.
- If you have large gaps in between your teeth, you can have them closed with veneers.
- You have irregularly shaped, uneven or misaligned teeth with bulges or craters.
- Your teeth have become discolored. You may have this issue due to a root canal, using certain drugs including tetracycline or using fluoride excessively. Your tooth can also become discolored if you have a large resin filling.
Procedure of Getting Veneers in Los Angels
- Dr, Vafa, one of the best dentists in Beverly Hills will perform your procedure beginning with trimming your tooth. Your tooth needs to be prepared before your porcelain veneer can be placed. Your dentist will focus on the part of your tooth showing decay first. Your tooth needs to be trimmed so your enamel layer can be adjusted. This ensures your porcelain veneer will be placed properly.
- If you have an old filling in your tooth, it must be removed before your veneer is placed. The Los Angeles best veneer dentist believes any fillings should be a maximum of 14 days old. This will ensure the best possible bond between your filling and the porcelain. You may need to have your filling replaced prior to having the procedure. Your dentist will determine how much trimming is necessary.
- Under most circumstances, between .5 and .7 millimeters of your tooth will need to be trimmed. You may or may not need to have a sedative during your procedure. If your porcelain veneers will be extending beneath your gum line, a sedative may be necessary. One of the most sensitive areas in your mouth is your gum line. Your dentist does not want you to experience any pain.
- Your best option is to talk to your dentist about sedation during your veneers consultation. If you are afraid of having dental work, you are not alone. You can request sedation during your procedure. Your dentist will examine the color of your teeth to determine the ideal shade for the porcelain. To ensure your veneer looks natural, certain areas of the laminae may need to be more translucent than others.
- Once your tooth and the surrounding areas have been cleaned and trimmed, your dentist will take an impression. Your impression includes your tooth, gums and nearby teeth. Your dentist will then have an image of your jaw to determine the best way to proceed with your porcelain veneers. A substance similar to a thick paste is then applied to your teeth. You will be asked to bite down on a tray to form an impression.
- There might be a camera your dentist uses for taking pictures of your teeth. Your porcelain veneer will require approximately one to two weeks to prepare. During this time, you may receive a temporary veneer. When your new porcelain veneer has been completed, your dentist will temporarily place your veneer to check the accuracy. This step is critical because even the smallest error can result in a big problem.
- Dr. Vafa will place your veneer, remove it, then trim it several times. These steps are necessary to make certain your receive a perfect fit. Your dentist will ask you to move your mouth, close your mouth and bite down. These steps prevent any discomfort after your porcelain veneer has been placed. If you experience any discomfort or pain during your procedure, inform your dentist immediately.
- Dr. Vafa will ensure the aesthetics of your porcelain veneer including the shape and shade are ideal. Once this process is complete, your veneer can be bonded to your tooth. Prior to bonding your veneer, your dentist made certain both your tooth and porcelain veneer were polished. The next step is etching an acid gel onto your tooth’s surface for approximately 20 seconds. The process is referred to as etching.
- During this process, your original tooth will be bonded to your porcelain veneer. Your dentist then washes off any remaining gel. The bond will be strengthened even more with the application of a bonding agent. The shade selected by your dentist for the color of your veneer is then placed inside of your porcelain veneer. A blue light will be passed over your veneer for about 60 seconds to complete the bonding process.
- Your procedure is now almost complete, The final step is having your teeth cleaned and flossed as a final touch. The next time you smile, you will see something completely different than what you have become accustomed to. Your smile will be dazzling, bright and absolutely beautiful. There are a lot of advantages to having porcelain veneers including:
- Your tooth appearance will be completely natural
- Your new veneers will be resistant to stains
- The tissues of your gums should tolerate the veneers well
- Your dentist can choose a color to make any darker teeth look much whiter
More About Veneers
Porcelain veneers are considered a more conservative method for changing the shape and color of your teeth. The amount of shaping you will need is a lot less than you receive for a crown. Veneers are a more aesthetic and stronger option. You will not need to use any special care to take care of your veneers. You should have a good oral hygiene routine.
[ See Veneers Vs. Crown Cost ]
Rinsing with mouthwash, brushing and flossing are recommended as a part of your regular oral hygiene. The cost of veneers in Los Angeles is dependent on the specific requirements for your procedure. Your cost will most likely be between $1,000 and $2,000 for each tooth. If you have dental insurance, you can check with the company to determine if any portion of your procedure will be covered.
Porcelain veneers may be the ideal option for your circumstance. There are certain signs you might be the ideal candidate for this procedure. Veneers are a good choice if your teeth are badly stained. Despite the effectiveness of modern treatments for whitening teeth, not every stain can be removed. If you have dark stains on your teeth, teeth whitening will not be effective. Porcelain veneers will cover stains.
Porcelain veneers offer you versatility for numerous cosmetic issues. If you have chipped, stained and crooked teeth, porcelain veneers can fix all of your issues. To achieve the smile you want, you would need three separate procedures without porcelain veneers. You can conceal chips, cracks and misshapen teeth with just one procedure through porcelain veneers.
Although dental bonding can be used to help repair these cosmetic issues, porcelain veneers are more aesthetically attractive. You will need to have enough tooth enamel because porcelain veneers are bonded directly to your enamel. To ensure you have enough room for your veneers, some of your enamel will have to be removed. You must have enough enamel remaining to ensure a strong bond with your veneers.
Prior to having any cosmetic dentistry performed, your teeth and gums need to be healthy. If you have any issues, a restorative treatment may enable you to have porcelain veneers.