If you are unhappy with the appearance of your smile, you should know that you are not alone. There are many things that can cause a person to feel self-conscious about his or her teeth, including staining that won’t go away with teeth whitening, crooked teeth and more. You might feel as if you are going to have to have unsightly teeth for the rest of your life, but this does not have to be the case at all. Veneers Beverly Hills can be a great option for those who are looking to rebuild their smiles. If you meet with a veneer dentist Beverly Hills and learn a little more about porcelain veneers, you might find that they are the right choice for you as well.
What Can you expect from a Veneers dentist in Beverly Hills
First of all, you could be wondering what veneers are. Basically, veneers are very thin pieces of porcelain or composite resin that are used to restore smiles. If you do choose to get veneers, your veneer dentist Beverly Hills will shave down a tiny amount of enamel off the front of your teeth. Then, he or she will attach the veneers to the front of your teeth to completely transform the look of your smile.
Are Porcelain Veneers the Best Choice?
When you do your research about veneers, you will find that there are a few different options that you can choose from. For example, some of them are made out of composite resin, and some are made out of porcelain. Many people find that porcelain is the best material for veneers. Here’s why:
- You can fix your crooked teeth with veneers
- They are very thin. This means that once they are attached to the front of your teeth, you shouldn’t really be able to feel or see that they are there. This can help you get a more natural look and feel.
- Even though they are very thin, they are very durable. If you make the investment for veneers that are made out of porcelain, you should be able to count on them to last for years to come, particularly if you make an effort to take good care of them.
- They are smooth, meaning that they are not as prone to pick up stains from the things that you eat or drink. This can help you maintain a pretty white smile.
As you can see, many people find that porcelain is the best material for veneers. However, if you meet with the best veneer dentist that you can find, you can find out about the different types of veneers and can ensure that you are choosing the best option for you.
How Can Veneers Improve Your Smile?
Veneers can be used to improve and restore your smile in many ways. If you have chipped or damaged teeth, veneers can be used to cover up these imperfections. Also, although veneers are not a substitute for real orthodontic work, they can be used to help cover up a slightly crooked smile. Some people even rely on veneers to cover up stained teeth if their teeth are permanently stained and cannot be whitened with professional whitening methods.
Veneers can also be used in addition to other dental treatments as a part of a full mouth restoration. For example, your dentist might use a combination of dental implants, dental bonding and veneers to help you achieve a beautiful smile.
Are You a Good Candidate for Veneers?
Now that you have learned a little more about veneers, you could be really interested in using them to restore your smile. However, you could be wondering if you are a good candidate for veneers. Of course, this is something that you can find out at your free veneers consultation. Your dentist can take a look at your teeth and the problems that you are looking to correct. Then, he or she can help you determine if veneers will be a good choice for you. Your dentist might even be able to show you images of what your smile will look like with veneers, which can help you see just how much of an impact veneers can have on your smile.
What are the Advantages of Veneers?
Veneers have many advantages, including:
- They can allow you to get fast results. For example, if you choose to use veneers to correct a gap between your teeth, you can get the results that you are looking for much faster than if you were to rely on orthodontic procedures.
- Even though some of the front of your teeth will be removed, the amount that has to be removed is small. This means that your dentist should be able to preserve most of each tooth when performing this procedure.
- Veneers can be used to give you a stunning smile.
- Modern veneers that are made out of porcelain are resistant to stains.
What are the Disadvantages of Veneers?
Of course, as with anything, there are some disadvantages of veneers. However, most people who are looking to restore their smiles find that the advantages greatly outweigh the cons. These are a couple of things that you should be prepared for, however:
- Because some of your tooth material will be removed, this is an irreversible procedure.
- Even though veneers are designed to be durable, they may not last forever. You may have to have them replaced in the future, although proper care should allow them to last for years.
- They can be costly. If you talk to your dental care professional, however, he or she can tell you about your financing options and other ways that you can make it more affordable.
How to Take Care of Your New Veneers
If you do choose to get veneers, you could be wondering how you will take care of them. Luckily, veneers are easy to take care of. You should mostly take care of them as you do your normal teeth, such as by brushing and flossing regularly. However, instead of having them cleaned as you would with your natural teeth, you will need to have them polished at your appointments. Your dental hygienist should know what to do.
Also, even though veneers that are made out of porcelain are designed to be durable, there are certain things that you should avoid if you want to keep them in good shape for as long as possible. For example, avoiding chewing on your nails or chewing on ice can help you avoid breaking or otherwise damaging your veneers. Also, even though veneers that are made out of porcelain are designed to be stain-resistant, it is still important to rinse your mouth out after eating potentially staining foods or drinks to help prevent the color from changing.
As you can see, veneers can be the perfect option for many people who want to restore their smile. If you schedule an appointment with the best veneer dentist, you can get a free veneers consultation so that you can find out more about whether or not veneers are right for you and so that you can get a price quote.
Call today for your free veneers consultation in Los Angeles