How to Keep your teeth healthy over 100 years
It is often assumed that when a person ages, it is inevitable that tooth loss will occur. It doesn’t have to be this way. In fact, dental studies have shown that people are capable of keeping their teeth for a lifetime if the teeth are cared for properly.
Many people do not know the aging process does not cause tooth loss. Tooth loss is the result of oral disease. In many cases, oral disease can be prevented or treated before it advances beyond the point of tooth loss.
"Regularly scheduled dental appointments can prevent many of the conditions that cause tooth loss such as cavities and tooth decay," says Dr. Bruce Vafa, DDS of Smile Angels in Beverly Hills. "With proper care and preventive maintenance, teeth can remain healthy for many decades or even a lifetime."
It’s great to know that the power to retain teeth is not given up with age. There are actions that can be taken today that will keep teeth healthy.
- Refrain from consuming alcoholic beverages and tobacco products.
- Brush teeth two times per day with a soft bristle brush.
- Floss teeth each day.
- Use toothpaste that contains flouride.
- Consume low amounts of sugar in the diet.
- Drink water regularly.
- Visit the dentist two times per year.
- Avoid using teeth to open packages or bite hard objects.
- Develop a prevention mindset when it comes to caring for oral health.
- Avoid crunching and chewing ice.
- After eating food, rinse mouth with water to get rid of lingering acids and food particles.
- Change toothbrush every three months.
- Use proper brushing and flossing techniques.
- Immediately seek treatment for dental problems.
- Refrain from drinking sugary drinks or consume them in moderation.
- Limit snacking and eating between meals.
In order to maintain healthy teeth for a lifetime, you need a top dentist on your team. Dr. Bruce Vafa, DDS and his Smile Angel associates are dedicated to helping patients retain their teeth and a healthy smile.
Dr. Vafa is a top dentist, and he has over twenty year of exerience in routine examinations, preventive treatment, cosmetic dentistry and advanced procedures such as Porcelain Veneers. In addition, he offers affordable cosmetic dentistry prices in Beverly Hills. Allow Dr. Vafa to help you keep your smile for a lifetime.